Last Updated January 13th2022
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us as described in the section below entitled “How to Contact Us.”
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Website, Flourishing Seeds will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Information You Provide
We collect information you provide directly via the Website, such as when you sign up to become a Registered User, take our quiz, request information on our courses, or contact customer support. We may use Service Providers (defined below) to collect this information.
The information we collect includes information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination). Some examples of information we collect include the following:
- Contact Data.We collect your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number and other similar contact data.
- Payment Data.We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
- We collect the content of messages you send to us, such as essays or art that you submit for possible publication, or questions and information you provide to customer support via the Contact Talk to Shem page. We also collect the content of your communications as necessary to provide you with the services you use or request.
- Bookshop signing.If you attend a Shems Diana Moses Author – event, there may be an opportunity to provide contact information and sign up to receive additional content or information about how to engage with Flourishing Seeds/Shem Diana Moses Author. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings as set forth in the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- The Content posted on this Website is for general informational purposes only. Therefore, before you make any permitted use of such Content, you should modify it to comply with all rules and regulations of any institution which will make use of such Content and in any event to comply with all applicable United Kingdom, United States Governing Laws, federal, state and local laws.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Service that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
- Information Collected Automatically
We automatically collect information about your device and how your device interacts with our Websites. We may use Service Providers to collect this information. Such information may include:
- Service Use Data From Your Activity. In an ongoing effort to improve the Website, we automatically collect certain information when Visitors and Registered Users access and use the Website. Such information includes, without limitation, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website users visit, log files, and similar information and data.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device, the browser type and language you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, and other similar information. This data also includes IP address, MAC address, device advertising ID (e.g., IDFA or AAID), and other device identifiers.
- Location Data. We collect data about your device’s location, which can be precise (e.g., latitude/longitude data) or imprecise (e.g., location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
We use various current – and later – developed technologies to collect this information (“Tracking Technologies”), including the following:
- We collect information using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect information and to enhance your experience using the Website. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Website may not function properly.
- Log Files.A log file is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of the Website, such as your service use data.
Some information about your use of the Website and certain Third-Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Website and certain Third Party Services. For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, see the sections entitled “Third Parties” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
- Information from Other Sources.
- Social networks when you reference our Service or grant permission to Company to access your data on one or more of these services.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
For further information on Third Party Services, see the “Third Parties” section below.
How We Use and Share the Information
- Our Use of Your Information
We use information about you for our legitimate interests, including to:
- Provide and manage our Website, including your registration and account;
- Improve our Website, products, and services;
- Process transactions you request or perform other services requested by you, such as respond to your comments or questions and provide customer service;
- Inform you about our products and services, including direct marketing and communications about our and our promotional partners’ products, offers, promotions, events, or services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm; and
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities.
We also use information about you with your consent, including to:
- Bring you customized content (such as newsletters) based on your activity on the Website;
- Serve advertising tailored to your interests on our Website and Third Party Services;
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
- Sharing of Your Information
We may share information concerning our Registered Users with our resellers, distributors, and sales representatives, which use such information to help inform Registered Users about our products and services.
We share the information with other companies, which may provide you information about the products and services they or their partners offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of such sharing.
We will access, use, and share the Information as required to fulfill our contractual obligations to you and to address your questions or requests regarding our products, services, and/or support.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf (“Service Providers”). Examples include providing technical assistance, website hosting, recruiting services, order fulfillment and payment processing, customer service, data analytics, and marketing and promotional services. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
In an ongoing effort to better understand our Visitors, Registered Users, Website, products, and services and those of our promotional partners, we may analyze certain information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and/or such products and services. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Website and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
We may share some or all of your information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the information may be part of the transferred assets.
To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Flourishing Seeds or others.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information about your choices regarding how we share your information, please see the section below entitled “Your Rights and Choices.”
Certain areas of the Website are designed to help you share information with the world. If you make information public through our Website, other people will have access to it. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information; however, California residents and data subjects in Europe have additional rights as set forth in “Your Rights and Choices” below.
- Third Party Services.
- Third Party Features.
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Website that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your account through Third Party Services, including social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. If you choose to engage with such a Third Party Service through our Website, we may collect any information you have authorized the Third Party Service to share with us (such as your user ID, billing information, public profile information, e-mail address, birthday, friends list, and other account and profile data). Likewise, if you choose to engage with such a Third Party Service through our Website or visit our Website while logged in to that Third Party Service on your device, the Third Party Service may receive information about your activities on our Website and be able to associate that information with information the Third Party Service already has about you.
- Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
Our Website contains Tracking Technologies owned and operated by Third Parties. For example, we use Tracking Technologies from third party analytics provides, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze your use of the Website, compile statistic reports on the Website’s activity, and provide us with other services relating to Website activity and internet usage. We also work with ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Service and/or on Third Party Services. You authorize us to share information about your activity on the Website with third parties for the purpose of tailoring, analyzing, managing, reporting, and optimizing advertising you see on the Website and elsewhere. These third parties may use Tracking Technologies on our Website and Third Party Services (including in e-mails and advertisements) to track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Website and Third Party Services or third party devices after you have left the Website (“Interest-based Advertising”).
We may serve ads on and through Third Party Services, such as Facebook and Google, that are targeted to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Website or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by us uploading a customer list to the Third Party Service or incorporating a pixel from the Third Party Service on our Website, and the Third Party Service matching common factors between our data and their data. To opt-out of receiving Matched Ads, please contact the applicable Third Party Service. If we use Facebook Custom Audiences to serve Matched Ads on Facebook services, you should be able to hover over the box in the right corner of such Facebook ads and find out how to opt-out. We are not responsible for such Third Party Service’s failure to comply with your opt-out instructions.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the sections entitled “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Your Rights and Choices
- Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
Registered Users may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to their information by contacting us through the Contact Page. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Flourishing Seeds, info@ShemDianaMoses marketing e-mail. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner.
- Tracking Technology Choices
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- App Technologies. You can reset your device advertising Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. For information on how to do this on Apple devices, visit Apple.com or https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074. For information on how to do this on Android devices, visit Google.com. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app.
- Do Not Track.Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms.For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
- Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
You can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptoutand downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the Service in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioural Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioural advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit (i) for website opt-out, http://www.aboutads.info/choices; and (ii) for mobile app opt-out, http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.In addition, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.Please note that if you opt-out of online behavioural advertising using any of these methods, the opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving online behavioural advertising to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
In addition, Flourishing Seeds LTD does not monitor, recognize, or honour any opt-out or do-not-track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
- European Data Subjects
EU data protection law makes a distinction between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “processors”). Quiet, located at the address in the “How to Contact Us” section below, is the controller with respect to the information you provide through the Website.
Lawful Basis for Processing
Data protection laws in Europe require a “lawful basis” for processing personal data. Our lawful bases include where: (a) you have given your consent to our processing for a specific purpose, either to us or to our service providers or partners; (b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to comply with a legal obligation; or (c) processing is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by DST, and fundamental rights do not override these interests (as further detailed under “Use of Information” above).
If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you through the Service. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the Service. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us.
To exercise any of these rights, send a written request to us at the address provided under “How to Contact Us” below and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a European supervisory authority. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you approach a data protection regulator, and would welcome you directing an inquiry first to us at the address provided under “How to Contact Us” below.
How We Protect the Information
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to protect the information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. E mail sent to or from the Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.K Residents
This Website is intended for a general audience and not directed to children under eight (8) years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.K. Children’s Privacy Protection Acts, in a manner that is not permitted by UK Laws. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we have collected such information in a manner not permitted by UK law, please contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section below, and we will remove such data to the extent required by UK Law.
How to Contact Us
Talk To Shem – Shem Diana Moses.
- By mail:
FLOURSHING SEEDS LTD
20-22 WENLOCK ROAD